Developing the 21st Century Internal Audit Organization
Audit departments struggle to identify opportunities to provide assurance and advisory value in the strategic risk environment. As a result, audit departments typically focus the greater majority of the audit plan upon traditional audit activities related to financial reporting, compliance and operational risk.
This webinar provides you with a proactive road map to identify and address strategic risks as a part of the audit plan, turning risk to your advantage.
After watching this webinar, you will be able to:
• Identify the key steps to incorporating strategic risk into the audit plan
• Describe various types and examples of strategic audit engagements
• List opportunities and methods for incorporating strategic risk into the audit plan
• Identify core competencies required of internal auditors to effectively assess strategic risks
• Develop strategies to enhance or develop new competencies